Fushun orphanage, Liaoning province
With 63 children total, 29 of whom are aged 7 to 19 years old, and few international adoptions taking place from this orphanage, it has minimal income to care for even the basic needs of the children. This orphanage is a northern province so it gets very cold in the winter. Thanks to everyone who helped LOOK fundraise so that we were able to supply the following items to the children.
- corrective orthopedic shoes for a 15 year old boy
- winter coats and snow pants for the older children
- winter sweater and pant sets for the older children
- winter shoes for the older children
- school supplies (colored pencils, CDs, calligraphy pen sets) for 6 children
- 2 computers for the children's classroom
- an electronic English-Chinese translator to assist the children in learning English
- a music tape-recorder
- a DVD player for the children's group room
- gym/sports outfits for 18 of the older children
- tennis/sports shoes for 17 of the older children
- transportation, tickets and other costs needed to take all the older children on a field trip
to a special sea animal zoo. These children rarely see much beyond the confines of their
orphanage and such a field trip is an eye opening and possibly once-in-a-lifetime
event for the children.
In total, The LOOK Project supplied $5,519.00 for the children of Fushun. Pictures of the children from Fushun SWI receiving their gifts can be found on the "Pictures" main page of this website.